Culinary pampering with 'A Wealth of Goodies from Blagaj's Land' in the Polhov Gradec hills
On the edge of a green, grassy plateau, in the shelter of the most popular of the Polhov Gradec 'Dolomites', Polhov Gradec Grmada, stands the charming St. Ursula's church. The low walls which surround the church make the perfect spot for hikers to take a rest and to soak up the wonderful views of the valley and the hills above. There are several well-marked hiking trails that lead from the valley to the church that then continue to Polhov Gradec Grmada, which is one of the most beautiful and most popular of spots for hikers in the Polhov Gradec 'Dolomites'. The French used to call Grmada 'Ludvik XIV', since its unusual pronged ridge with its vertically severed head seemed to them to resemble the jaw and nose of the French king. Whether you choose to hike up to Grmada or not, the trip to the church alone is well worth it, as it is the perfect place to enjoy 'A Wealth of Goodies from Blagaj's Land'. Treat yourself to some local food in the midst of exceptional nature.
Polhov Gradec Mansion
Polhov Gradec 61
1355 Polhov Gradec
Transport options: by car or by bus (scheduled bus route Ljubljana – Polhov Gradec, route number 51, timetable here)
- latest booking date is three days in advance, latest cancellation date is two days in advance
- €25 per person
- number of people: 2 to 50
- recommended minumum age: from age 5 upwards
- duration: 2 hours
- languages spoken: Slovenian, English
- programme content: Travellers' picnic ('A Wealth of Goodies from Blagaj's Land, alcohol-free drink) and a trail map. Picnic blankets are also available to hire.
- restrictions: The trip is not recommended for those who are not in good physical condition. The experience includes local food, therefore please ensure you notify the organiser at the time of booking of any special dietary requirements.
- equipment required: hiking shoes/boots, sports clothing, hiking poles
INFORMATION AND BOOKINGS:
+386 (0)31 776 259